GREAT BAY 5K TEAM COMPETITION!
Being part of a team, be it a group of friends or family members, a running club, or a group from where you work, makes training and racing more fun. So pull your team together and sign up to race the Great Bay 5K!
Team Competition Benefits (details Below):
No minimum team size (unless competing for awards)
You can be a member of a Male, Female, or Mixed team
FREE team photos at the race
Team logo on your race shirts (for 10 or more runners)
3 largest teams can set up a team tent at the finish
Winning Male, Female, and Mixed teams earn a pizza party for 30 people!
Win the New England Oyster Cup in a special mixed-team competition
Your team can be as small or large as you want it to be. There are only minimum size requirements if you want to compete for awards.
Every team can get a FREE team photo at the race, which will be available on the Great Bay 5K website after the race. Photo details will be provided to your team captain prior to the race.
Team Race Shirts
Teams with 10 or more members can have their team logos on their race shirts! If your team has fewer than 10 members, you can reach the minimum by purchasing extra shirts for $15.00 each. The deadline for registering for team shirts and ordering extra shirts is September XX. Check back here for a link to where extra shirts can be ordered.
If your team is one of the 3 largest to have preregistered for the Great Bay 5K, you can set up your team tent just beyond the finish line at the Great Bay Discovery Center for a post-race team meet-up. Directions for setting up your tent will be provided to your team captain prior to the race.
To compete for awards, each team must have at least 5 members. The categories are Male, Female, and Mixed. The mixed team must have 2 or 3 women. Scoring is based on points allocated for how each team member finishes in their age group: A 1st place age group finisher earns 1 point, 2nd place earns 2 points, etc. the lowest score wins. Ties will be broken by counting the number of 1st place age group finishes on each team. The winning team in each category will earn a free pizza party (pizza and non-alcoholic beverages) for up to 30 people. Location to be announced.
New England Oyster Cup
This is a special competition for mixed teams comprised of at least 3 men and 3 women. Scoring will be based on chip time for each team member, and the team with the overall fastest time will win the coveted “New England Oyster Cup” trophy, plus bragging rights as the fastest mixed running team in New England!
More Team Details
- Each team with 10 or more members must have a designated captain.
- Racers can identify themselves as the team captain when they register online.
- Captains will be responsible for picking up the race packets for their entire team on Friday, Oct. 25 between 3-7 PM at Stoneface Brewery (436 Shattuck Way, Newington, NH). There will be no regular team pick-up on race day.
- Team captains must submit their team logos to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sept. XX. The logos must be high-resolution JPGs. Missing the deadline will mean your team’s race shirts will not have your team logo.
- When you register online for the Great Bay 5K, select the name of your team, or add a new team name if your team is not already on the list.
- Choose whether you will compete on a Male, Female, or Mixed team.
- Mixed team members can compete for the Mixed Team award and the New England Oyster Cup.
- No need to sign up for the New England Oyster Cup. If your team has at least 3 men and 3 women, you will be automatically considered for this award.
What can you win?
- Team members can qualify for the following awards:
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place male or female overall – $200, $150 or $100
- the MacKenzie Mile (male and female) – $50
- Individual Age Group award – a unique trophy
- Team award (Male, Female, and Mixed teams) – pizza party for 30
- New England Oyster Cup (if a member of a mixed team with at least 3 men and 3 women) – special Oyster Cup trophy
- And if she or he breaks the NH “All Comers” 5K record – $1,000!