Team Competition Benefits
– No minimum team size (unless competing for awards).
– If your team has at least 5 women and/or at least 5 men, your team automatically will be entered in the Female and/or Male Team Competition. No action is needed on your part.
– If your team has at least 3 women and 3 men, your team automatically will be entered in the competition for the New England Oyster Cup.
– FREE team photos at the race.
– Team name or logo on your race shirts (minimum 10 runners or purchasing extra shirts to reach the minimum of 10).
– 3 largest teams can set up a team tent at the finish
– Winning teams in the Female and Male Team Competition and the New England Oyster Cup Competition each win a pizza party for 30 people!
– Win the New England Oyster Cup and your Team Name will go down in history on a plaque on the New England Oyster Cup. And you will have bragging rights as the Fastest Team in New England.
Your team can be as small or large as you want it to be, although the largest team will win $250!
To be entered automatically into the Female Team Competition and/or Male Team Competition, your team must have at least 5 women and/or 5 men.
To be entered automatically into the New England Oyster Cup Competition, your team must have at least 3 women AND 3 men.
NOTE: A team member is eligible to be a part of both the Team Competition and the New England Oyster Cup Competition, as well as all individual awards.
Team Member Shirt Pickup
Each Team member is urged to pick up their Race Bib and Team shirt during early registration on Friday, October 28, 2022 from 12noon to 6pm at the Hugh Gregg Coastal Conservation Center at the Great Bay Discovery Center, 89 Depot Road, Greenland, NH.
On race day, Team members can pick up their Race bibs and Team shirt at Packet Pickup. Team shirts not picked up will be forwarded to the finish area where the Team captain or a designated Team member can pick up all remaining Team shirts.
Every team can get a FREE team photo at the race, which will be emailed to teams after the race.
Team photos will be taken on race morning in the Registration/Packet Pickup area. Look for the sign for Team Photos.
If your team is one of the 3 largest to have preregistered for the Great Bay 5K, you can set up your team tent just beyond the finish line at the Great Bay Discovery Center for a post-race team meet-up. Directions for setting up your tent will be provided to your team captain prior to the race.
Each team with 10 or more members must have a designated captain. The first person who registers for a team is, by default, the team captain. If another registered runner should be listed as the Team Captain, please contact the Race Director at email@example.com and provide the correct information.
Team captains must submit their team name or logos to the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30. The logos must be high-resolution JPGs. Missing the deadline will mean your team’s race shirts will not have your team name or logo.
If Team Members do not pick up their Team shirts during early packet pickup or on race day, all remaining Team shirts will be at the finish area where Team Captains or a designated Team member can pick up the remaining Team shirts.
Team Race Shirts
Teams with 10 or more members will receive race shirts with your customized team name or logo! If your team has fewer than 10 members, you can reach the minimum by purchasing extra shirts for $15.00 each when registering online for the race.
Important: The deadline for registering for Team shirts or ordering extra shirts is October 2, 2022.
New England Oyster Cup
This is a special competition for mixed teams comprised of at least 3 men and 3 women. Scoring will be based on chip time for each team member, and the team with the overall fastest time will win the coveted “New England Oyster Cup” trophy, plus bragging rights as the fastest mixed running team in New England! Each member of the six person winning team will also receive an individual award.
The winning team can celebrate their victory with a complimentary pizza and beer (must be 21 or older, limit one per party member). Party is for up to 30 people at a date and location to be determined.
When you register online for the Great Bay 5K, select the name of your team, or add a new team name if your team is not already on the list. Forgot to sign up? Please contact the Race Director at email@example.com and ask to be added to a specific team and receive your guaranteed team shirt (deadline is October 2).
No need to sign up for the Female and Male Team Competitions or the New England Oyster Cup Competition. Teams with 5 women and/or 5 men will automatically be entered into the Women Team Competition an/or the Male Team Competition. Teams with 3 women AND 3 men will automatically be entered into the New England Oyster Cup Competition.
What Can Teams and Team Members Win?
Teams can qualify for the following awards:
- Female and Male Team Awards: Pizza party for 30 people
- New England Oyster Cup (if a member of a mixed team with at least 3 men and 3 women): Special Oyster Cup trophy
- Individual team members are eligible to win the following individual runner awards:
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd place male or female overall: $200, $150 or $100
- If she and/or he breaks the NH “All Comers” 5K record: $1,000!
- The MacKenzie Mile (male and female): $50
- Individual Age Group award: a unique trophy
Female Team Competition & Male Team Competition
Each team must have at least 5 women and/or 5 men to be eligible for this competition.
Scoring is based on points allocated for how each of the top 5 team members finish in their gender/age groups: A 1st place age group finisher earns 1 point; 2nd place earns 2 points, etc. The lowest total score wins.
No tie breakers. If more than one team has the same lowest score, teams will share the glory of being tied as winning teams.
Each winning team in each category will earn a complimentary pizza party for 30 people.
Pizza party locations will be announced at the Award Ceremony after the Great Bay 5K | Race for a Healthy Estuary is complete.